PT. Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia(Persero) or BKI was established at July, 1st 1964 with name PN. Klasifikasi Indonesia based on PP 28 year 1964 and the one and only Indonesia classification agency that assigned by Indonesia Goverment according on Transportation Minister’s Decision No. Th. 1/17/2 date September, 26th 1964 about regulation of operation of the Indonesia flaged ship to get Ship Classification Certificate that was issued by BKI. Then according to PP No. 1 year 1997.
Due to the increase of activity and development on the Classification field in BKI that was have very good prospect, so to increase the bussiness aspect, since 1977 trough Goverment Regulation (Peraturan Pemerintah) PP No. 1 PN. Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia changed status to PT. (Persero) Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia. Article of Association PT. (Pesero) Biro Kasifikasi Indonesia was made in front of the notary Imas Fatimah, SH with certificate number: 57 date on October, 19th 1987 and has approved by the Minister of Justice of Indonesia Republic with decree Number : Y.A. 5/345/1987 date on November, 7th 1987 and announced on the National Gazzete Number : 58 Year 1979.
Articles of Association of companies have been amended, with Notarial Deed Imah Fatimah, SH Number: 180 date on November, 30th 1984 and Number: 110 date on July, 26th 1985 about “Statemen of Meeting and Articles of Association Result” by changed name of Klasifikasi Indonesia become PT. (Persero) Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia. This changed was approved by Minister of Justice of the Indonesia Republic with decree Number: C.2-5322HT.01.04 year 1985 date on August, 24th 1985 and announced on the National Gazzete Number 97 Date on December, 3th 1985. According the statue (UU) No. 1 year 1995 about company, the Article of Association PT. (persero) Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia changed with the Deed of the Statement of Meeting dated on March, 12th 1995 that made upfront the notary Neneng Salmiah, SH, Mhum.
The next change of Articles of Association is appropriate between the legalization of Minister of Justice of the Indonesia Republic and decree number C2-20.099 HT01.04 year 1998 date on October, 15th 1998 that made by Notary Neneng Salmiah, SH, Mhum. and announced on the National Gazzete Number 35 date on April, 30th 1999 and the change of Articles of Association approved by Minister of Justice and Human Right with certificate number C-10342, HT.01.04. on 2003 at Mei, 9th that have made by the Notary Neneng Salmiah, SH, M.Hum and announced on the National Gazzete of the Indonesia Republic Number: 11 date on March, 14th 2003.
Legal Foundation to the implementation of the Partnership Community Development Program as follows:
- Desicion of the Minister of Finance of the Indonesia Republic No: 316/KMK.16/1994 date on Juni, 27th 1994 and Desicion Letter of Minister of BUMN No: KEP-236/MBU/2003 date on June 17th 2003 about Partnership program of State-ownen Enterprises (BUMN) with small enterpreneurs and Community Develepment Program that called PKBL.
- Circulars of of Minister of State-ownen Enterprises (BUMN) SE-433/MBU/2003 date on September 16th 2003 about the instruction for implemation the BUMN Partnership Program with small enterprises and Community Development Program.
- Desicion of the Minister of State-ownen Enterprises (BUMN) of Indonesia Republic No: PER-20/MBU/2012 date on December 27th 2012 about the change based on the change of PER-05/MBU/2007 date on April 27th 2007 about the Partnership program of BUMN with small enterprises and Community Development Program the replacement of Desicion of the Minister of State-ownen Enterprises (BUMN) No: KEP-236/MBU/2003 date on June 17th 2003 about Partnership Program of State-owned Enterprise with small enterprises and Community Developent Program.
- Circulars No: SE-03/MBU.S/2007 date on July, 17th 2007 about the development area and the PKBL coordinator of BUMN on 2007.
- Technical instruction of implementation of Partnership and Community Development Program (PKBL) of PT. Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia (Persero) based on the Director circular letter No: DU.142/KP.903/KI-04 date on October, 27th 2004 and Director circular letter No: DU.281/KP.903/KI-11 date on Decemeber, 30th 2012 and Director circular No: DU.086/KP.903/KI-14 date on February, 25th 2014.
Some of basic principal of Partnership and Community Development Program as follows:
- Implementation units of Partnership and Community Development Program (hereinafter referred to as PKBL unit or special units) which is part of the organization of state-own Enterprises (BUMN) supervisor and directly responsible to Director of BUMN Supervisor.
- Accountancy of PKBL funds held separately from the Accountancy of BUMN Supervisor.
- Funding sources of Community Development program:
- Maximun 2% (two percents) from company profit according to General Meeting of Shareholders and charged as company cost.
- Result of the deposite rate and checking services (giro) from Community Program Development cost.
Distribution funds of Community Development Program
Fund of Community Development Program aims to provide benefits to community in BUMN bussiness area by empowering the social condition. The assistance that provided as follows:
- Victims of Disaster
- Education / Training
- Health improvement
- Development of Infrastructur / Public Facilities
- Place of worship
- Nature Conservation Assistance
- Reduction of povety